NE Safe Families Director
Posting Date: March 5, 2018
NE Safe Families Director – Office Location is Flexible between Kearney, Lincoln, Omaha
• Do you have a heart for families in crisis?
• Are you innovative, creative, yet organized?
• Is networking with local area churches and ministries a passion of yours?
• Are you excellent at pursuing results until finalized?
Then we want you to join us!
The Company: Christian Heritage is a growing, faith-based organization that works to fulfill its purpose of offering hope to children and families, and is known for exceptional child-focused family services offered in Central, Northern, Eastern, and the Southeast Service areas in Nebraska. We have been in business for over 35 years, and we are continuing to grow our team to meet the dynamic needs of the community around us.
• We offer employees flexible scheduling in a family-oriented environment where we work hard but have fun too. You will work with authentic people who believe in what they do. You will have an opportunity to make an impact in the children and families we serve.
• We offer a full range of benefits, with healthcare plan options, and perks such as paid time off, recognition incentives and continuing education.
The Position: We’re looking for a NE Safe Families Director that will be directly responsible for consistently communicating and furthering the vision of Safe Families for Children (SFFC) with the greater community and Ministry Lead Churches. This is a new, grant-funded full-time position that requires flexibility in “office” location, including working from your home or remote office spaces (Kearney, Lincoln, or Omaha). This position requires autonomy, discipline, and self-management. This position will include some evenings and weekend meetings or presentations, and require a commitment to be available by phone/computer after normal work hours for on-call issues. Guaranteed funding for this position is for one-year time-frame only. Securing and maintaining long-term funding is paramount. Typical responsibilities include:
• Marketing and visioning of SFFC Movement
• Accountable for national relationship for SFFC Movement
• Maintain and cultivate new Ministry Lead Churches, partnerships
• Cultivate referral sources and community resources
• Maintain connection of SFFC with Christian Heritage Family Care Program
• Oversee, secure and work within annual SFFC budget
• Oversee and manage process, fidelity and risk of SFFC Movement
1. Must be at least 21 years of age and;
2. Bachelor’s Degree in ministry/human services-related or communications-related field, or;
3. Five years’ leadership experience in ministry and/or working with volunteers and/or professionals dealing with at-risk family dynamics; or
4. Any equivalent combination of education and experience provided the job holder is able to demonstrate current competencies applicable to the job position.
You must have a valid driver’s license, own auto liability insurance and a good driving record. Background checks, reference checks and drug screen will be conducted. Must be spiritually mature, having demonstrated commitment to stable spiritual practices and ongoing personal development. Successful candidates will be excellent with phone contact, tenacious in focused area, computer-savvy, organized and will fulfill the above responsibilities with innovation, perseverance, purpose and follow-through.