Foster parents can receive continuing education hours for reading approved books, watching approved videos, or participating in online trainings.
- .5 credit hours - 0-50 pages
- One credit hour- 50-100 pages
- Two credit hours- 101-150 pages
- Three credit hours- 151-200 pages
- Four credit hours- 201-500 pages
Videos & Podcasts-
- .5 credit hours for a 20 to 30 minute video/podcast
- 1 credit hour for a 60 minute video/podcast
- 1.5 credit hours for a 90 minute video/podcast
- Community College: 11 hours- One college credit hour
- University: 15 hours- One college credit hour
In order to get the credit, you need to fill out the training hours documentation form and have it approved. Each training must be directly related to the skills necessary to care for children in out of home care. Each foster parent needs a minimum of 12 hours annually.
Options for Online Training
- Read and answer the questions on their form for 30 minutes of credit per newsletter
Foster Care and Adoption Books
General Parenting Books
Recommended books that may qualify for credit:
Download this app and read, listen, and watch thousands of eBooks, audiobooks, and videos from your local library. Best yet, it's free!