Foster parents can receive continuing education hours for reading approved books, watching approved videos, or participating in online trainings.
- One hour- 50-99 pages
- Two hours- 100-149 pages
- Three hours- 150 pages or more.
Videos & Podcasts-
- 30 minutes of credit for a 20 to 30 minute video/podcast
- 1 hour of credit for a 40 to 60 minute video/podcast
- 90 minutes of credit for a 60 to 90 minute video/podcast
In order to get the credit, you need to fill out the training hours documentation form and have it approved. Each foster parent needs a minimum of 12 hours annually.
Options for Online Training
- Read and answer the questions on their form for 30 minutes of credit per newsletter
Foster Care and Adoption Books
General Parenting Books
Recommended books that may qualify for credit:
Download this app and read, listen, and watch thousands of eBooks, audiobooks, and videos from your local library. Best yet, it's free!