Destination...Dad Trainer (Part-time)
Destination…Dad™ Trainer- Part-time
- Is being part of a flexible, family-oriented environment important to you?
- Do you have a heart for children and families impacted by incarceration?
- Do you enjoy coaching and encouraging others?
- Are you someone who desires to see families restored?
Then we want you to join us!
Who We Are: Christian Heritage is a faith-based organization that works to fulfill its purpose of offering hope to children and families, and is known for exceptional child-focused family services offered in Central, Northern, Eastern, and the Southeast Service areas in Nebraska. We have been in business for over 35 years, and we are hiring for our team to meet the dynamic needs of the community around us.
- We offer employees a family-oriented environment where we work hard but have fun too. You will work with authentic people who believe in what they do. You will have an opportunity to make an impact on the children and families we serve.
The Position: We’re looking for a part-time Destination…Dad ™ Trainer. This person is responsible for teaching classes that are part of the Destination…Dad ™ program, contracted with the Nebraska Department of Correctional Services (NDCS) and taught within prison and jail facilities. This person must be open-minded and accepting of all inmates who are part of the Destination…Dad ™ program regardless of their personal beliefs or crimes committed. The main purpose of the Destination…Dad ™ Trainer is to help incarcerated fathers increase family engagement with their children and families. Typical responsibilities include:
- Learn Destination…Dad ™ program curriculum
- Teach parenting curriculum in facilities
- Collaborate with team on program outcomes
- May substitute for other trainers
1. At least 21 years of age and;
2. Bachelor’s degree in education, human services or criminal justice field is preferred;
3. One (1) year of experience working within the human services or criminal justice field;
4. Any equivalent combination of education and experience provided the job holder is able to demonstrate current competencies applicable to job position.
You must have a valid driver’s license, own auto liability insurance and a good driving record. Background checks, reference checks and drug screen will be conducted. Must be spiritually mature, having demonstrated commitment to stable spiritual practices and ongoing personal development. Successful candidates are dynamic presenters, tenacious, computer-savvy, and organized and will fulfill the above responsibilities with patience, kindness, determination, and responsiveness.