Foster Care Placement Coordinator-Lincoln
Posting Date: November 13, 2019
Foster Care Placement Coordinator - Lincoln
• Do you have a heart for kids in crisis?
• Are you organized?
• Can you remain calm in emergency placement situations?
• Will you pursue results until finalized?
Then we want you to join us!
The Company: Christian Heritage is a growing, faith-based organization that works to fulfill its purpose of offering hope to children and families, and is known for exceptional child-focused family services offered in Central, Northern, Eastern, and the Southeast Service areas in Nebraska. We have been in business for over 35 years, and we are continuing to grow our team to meet the dynamic needs of the community around us.
• We offer employees flexible scheduling in a family-oriented environment where we work hard but have fun too. You will work with authentic people who believe in what they do. You will have an opportunity to make an impact in the children and families we serve.
• We offer a full range of benefits, with healthcare plan options, and perks such as paid time off, recognition incentives and continuing education.
The Position: We’re looking for a Foster Care Placement Coordinator that will be directly responsible for the daily matching/placement needs of the foster care program. This is a new full-time position that requires flexible hours that will include on-call evenings and weekends, and require a commitment to be available by phone/computer after normal work hours. Typical responsibilities include:
• Reviews, screens, and accepts/defers referrals
• Matches foster care parents with referrals
• Responds promptly to referral requests
• Updates, maintains and tracks database of referrals
• Creates and runs regular data-trending reports
• Processes on-call/emergency referrals
• Manages foster care parent contacts
1. High School Diploma/GED and at least 21 years of age; and
2. Bachelor’s Degree in human services-related field; and
3. Must have experience in or exposure to foster care, licensing and matching/placement criteria; or
4. Any equivalent combination of education and experience provided the job holder is able to demonstrate current competencies applicable to job position.
You must have a valid driver’s license, own auto liability insurance and a good driving record. Background checks, reference checks and drug screen will be conducted. Must be spiritually mature, having demonstrated commitment to stable spiritual practices and ongoing personal development. Successful candidates are excellent with phone contact, tenacious, computer-savvy, and organized and will fulfill the above responsibilities with patience, determination, and responsiveness.