Foster Care Program Specialist - Kearney
- Is being part of a flexible, family-oriented environment important to you?
- Do you have a heart for children and families in crisis?
- Are you someone who is a self-starter?
- Do you enjoy coaching and encouraging others?
- Are you detail-oriented and organized?
Then we want you to join us!
Who We Are: Christian Heritage is a faith-based organization that works to fulfill its purpose of offering hope to children and families, and is known for exceptional child-focused family services offered in Central, Northern, Eastern, and the Southeast Service areas in Nebraska. We have been in business for 40+ years, and we are hiring for our team to meet the dynamic needs of the community around us.
- We offer employees flexible scheduling in a family-oriented environment where we work hard but have fun too. You will work with a small team of authentic people who believe in what they do. You will have an opportunity to make an impact in the children and families we serve.
- We offer a full range of benefits, with healthcare plan options, and perks such as paid time off, recognition incentives and continuing professional development.
The Position: We’re looking for a Program Specialist that will support our foster care program in the Kearney office in a variety of facets. This person is responsible for the systematic collection, writing and processing of paperwork while maintaining ongoing communication with the foster families. This person will also be responsible for supporting, equipping, and educating new and current foster parents on how to effectively care for at-risk children and youth. Ensuring a safe, caring and nurturing environment within each home is essential. The Program Specialist is responsible for carrying a small caseload of youth placed in agency supported homes, managing youth files, maintaining ongoing professional documentation, and communicating regularly with involved professionals on each case. This is a full-time position that requires flexible hours that may include evenings and weekends, in order to be available at times that are convenient to families. This includes participating in a rotating 24/7 on-call schedule in order to provide consultation support to foster parents. In addition, this position will be responsible for transporting certain youth to/from school regularly. This individual must have a heart for serving the Lord and compassion for the youth in our care. Typical responsibilities include:
- Kinship/relative approvals and licensing process
- Complete initial foster parent licensing, renewals, and addenda for currently licensed families
- Facilitating placement of foster youth
- Providing foster care support for children and families, including communication, training, and tracking data
- Completing all service planning and reporting while assessing safety and ensuring well-being
- Maintaining confidentiality and comprehensive client and family files
- At least 21 years of age, and
- Bachelor’s Degree in human services-related, social services, business, or other related field, or
- Five years of experience in foster care
You must have a valid driver’s license, own auto liability insurance and a good driving record. Background checks, reference checks and drug screen will be conducted. Must have a solid understanding of basic principles of Christian faith and maintain ongoing personal development. Successful candidates are excellent with phone contact, tenacious, computer-savvy, and organized and will fulfill the above responsibilities with patience, kindness, determination, and responsiveness.