Foster Care Specialist- Lincoln
Foster Care Specialist – Lincoln
- Is being part of a flexible, family-oriented environment important to you?
- Do you have a heart for children and families in crisis
- Are you someone who is a self-starter
- Do you enjoy coaching and encouraging others?
Then we want you to join us!
Who We Are: Christian Heritage is a faith-based organization that works to fulfill its purpose of offering hope to children and families, and is known for exceptional child-focused family services offered in Central, Northern, Eastern, and the Southeast Service areas in Nebraska. We have been in business for over 35 years, and we are hiring for our team to meet the dynamic needs of the community around us.
- We offer employees flexible scheduling in a family-oriented environment where we work hard but have fun too. You will work with authentic people who believe in what they do. You will have an opportunity to make an impact in the children and families we serve.
- We offer a full range of benefits, with healthcare plan options, and perks such as paid time off, recognition incentives and continuing education.
The Position: We’re looking for a Foster Care Specialist that will be directly responsible for supporting, equipping, and educating new and current foster parents on how to effectively care for at-risk children and their families. They help ensure a safe, caring and nurturing environment within each foster home and maintain regular contact with the youth and foster families. This is a full-time position that requires flexible hours that may include evenings and weekends, in order to be available at times that are convenient to families. The individual will be responsible for rotating 24/7 on-call duties in order to provide consultation support to foster parents. In addition, this position will be responsible for transporting certain youth to/from school regularly. This individual must have a heart for serving the Lord and compassion for the youth in our care. Typical responsibilities include:
- Facilitate placement of youth
- Prepare youth and family for permanency utilizing TBRI strategies
- Complete service planning and reporting
- Provide support for children and families
- Assess/monitor safety and ensure well-being
- Maintain confidentiality and comprehensive client files
- At least 21 years of age and;
- Bachelor’s Degree in human services-related, psychology, or other related field or;
- Five years of experience in foster care, or;
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience provided the job holder is able to demonstrate current competencies applicable to job position.
You must have a valid driver’s license, own auto liability insurance and a good driving record. Background checks, reference checks and drug screen will be conducted. Must be spiritually mature, having demonstrated commitment to stable spiritual practices and ongoing personal development. Successful candidates are excellent with phone contact, tenacious, computer-savvy, and organized and will fulfill the above responsibilities with patience, kindness, determination, and responsiveness.