We believe every child deserves a chance.
We offer a wholistic, Christ-centered approach to caring for kids from hard places in Nebraska.
There are gaps in care and kids are falling through the cracks. That’s why we're committed to a comprehensive, child-focused, continuum of care. When we wraparound the entire family, we have a better chance of interrupting the generational cycle of abuse and restoring the family.
Our continuum of care emphasizes a child-focused family services approach to care with 3 primary areas of focus.
There are hurting kids in our city and we can help.
Our vision is to build out the awareness and capacity to say yes to every child.
From the beginning it has always been about serving vulnerable children & families in Nebraska.
1980- Greg & Lisa Nicklas (co-founders) become licensed foster parents
1981- Christian Heritage opened its first children's home for boys
1985- Opening of the first home for girls
1987- Began recruiting and training foster parents
2007- Launching of Family Outreach and Destination...Dad (Beyond Prison)
2013- Initiated the Safe Families Program in Omaha and Lincoln
2018- Launched CarePortal in the Southeast Service Area & reframed Safe Families into Families Together
2020- In response to the global pandemic- began the HOPE WINS campaign to meet tangible needs in our community
WHAT WE BELIEVE
We believe these statements are a true representation of sound doctrine taught in the scriptures
and as such we are committed to them as believers in Christ.
- Is a holy, loving, true, and personal. God is sovereign, perfect, infinite, and eternal. We believe God is the creator of the world and has revealed Himself in three distinct persons—the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. (Matthew 3:16-17; 28:18-19; Galatians 4:6)
- Enters into a spiritual relationship with those individuals who accept Jesus Christ as the Son of God, who repent of their sin, who receive Jesus as the Lord of their lives, and relinquish their lives to obedient service to God. We believe God forgives sin and answers prayer. (Romans 3:24-26; 1 John 3:2-3)
- God’s design for marriage is a lifelong commitment between one man and one woman. (Genesis 2:18-25; Ephesians 5:31)
Was born of a virgin, lived and died on earth and was resurrected from the grave. We also believe in the second coming of Christ. (Matthew 1:20-23; 1 Corinthians 15:1-8; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18)
Is the word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit, written by men, and composed and recorded without error in the original writings. (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:21)
God created man in His image—perfect and free from sin, created for fellowship and the purpose of glorifying and fulfilling the will of God. (Genesis 1:27; 1 John 1:3)
Through Satan’s deception and man’s disobedience, sin came into being (sin being defined as the personal, voluntary act of disobedience to the revealed will of God). (Genesis 3:1-24; Romans 3:23; 5:12, 21)
- Salvation by faith. Salvation is a gift of God, as is eternal life, granted by His grace. (Romans 3:24-25; Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5)
- Personal involvement in a local church is important. The assembling together is imperative for worship and fellowship to glorify God and build members in their faith by instruction in the Word of God. It is through the Church that the gospel should be communicated to the world. (Acts 2:42; Hebrews 10:23-25)